Westpack Code of Conduct
The Westpack Code of Conduct is anchored in the values that Westpack was built on. We are committed to these values which include reliability, community and not least responsibility. These values are well in line with the standards of SA8000. Here are some key aspects of our Code of Conduct:
- The supplier is not allowed to employ persons aged younger than 15 years.
- The supplier shall have a worker representation policy.
- Employment with the supplier shall not be subject to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or marital status.
- Corrupt arrangements with suppliers, government officials, or other third parties are strictly prohibited, meaning that Westpack enforces a zero-tolerance policy.
- Working hours should be in accordance with current law. If no current law applies in the field, Westpack stipulates a maximum working day of 8 hours per day and 48 hours per week.